Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Good Old Days

I received an e-mail today from a fellow refugee of the Jesus People Movement. In reading about the many things that he has done along the way since then I began reflecting on my own life's accomplishments. I was wondering if I have made any major contributions to this world. Have I made a difference in anybody's life at all? At the end of my sojourn here on earth will my life have counted for anything or will all that I have spent my time and energy on been for nothing?

I think that I have done a great many small things rather any one great thing. But the Father knows my heart and I always want to keep moving so as not get stagnant. I believe that it is in the quality of the daily walk that one is measured rather than the one or two grand accomplishments that one could boast about. So I keep looking forward and taking one step after another.

As the apostle Paul said... "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

Peace, Love, and Light through Jesus the Christ!
Kevin (Cloud)

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hmmmm....I wonder who's e-mail you could possibly be talking about? (double grin!) Glad I stimulated some good thinking, because those ARE good thoughts you had I like...!

Jim.

http://www.jimcee2005.blogspot.com

Jim said...

Kevin, jump on over!

1. one-way.org (on google)

2. Remember the Jesus People movement (clck on)

3. coffeehouses (left-hand column, click on)

4. The Gathering Place (click on)

Note: This was our ministry. Man do I miss those days. Am writing the story about it as we speak. Will be called, "Where two or three gather together," and will likely be posted on Victory4you website when done. (and my blog! grin)

God bless.

Jim.