Sunday, August 05, 2018

Rock Mass 08-05-2018

Rock Mass on the first Sunday of the month.


Rock Mass for Sunday August 5, 2018 - The Woodstock Edition

Hippie Sunday School Bus at Woodstock, August 1969
Nun flashing Peace Sign at Woodstock, August 1969

"Well, I came upon a child of God he was walking along the road..."


"I had a dream last night, what a lovely dream it was, I dreamed we all were alright..."


"I got a telephone in my bosom and I can call him up from heart..."


"There's always a little bit of heaven in a disaster area." Wavy Gravy (Hugh Romney)


"God bless you"


"...still my soul feels heavenly bound"


"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe we shall overcome some day."


"...Any day now, any day now I shall be released"


"...Following you I climb the mountains I get excitement at your feet"


"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound..."


“The time has come for America to help the whole world with spirituality also”

"God loves America" Hippie School Bus at Woodstock, August 1969

Here are all of my other Woodstock related posts. 

Peace, Love and Light!
Kevin (Cloud) 


The inspiration for creating "Rock Mass" came from the Rock Mass at All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena California back in the early 1970’s. On the first Friday night of each month All Saints held a Rock Mass which was a mix of traditional Episcopalian Mass and rock concert. A live band would play popular rock music which couldn’t necessarily be called “Christian” but contained spiritual phrases and references to God or Jesus. During the 1960’s and early 1970’s there was an explosion of these songs coming out of the "secular" music industry way before there was “Contemporary Christian Music”, in a way, it could be called "The Gospel According To Billboard's Top 10".

(Stained glass guitar angel found at www.patheos.com/blogs/nadiabolzweber)

FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of religion and spirituality in society. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
 

2 comments:

reno said...

nicely done!

Hippie Christian said...

Thank you! There are other songs by Woodstock musicians that were not performed at Woodstock that I will eventually use in future Rock Mass postings. For this edition I wanted to stick with those that I could find from just the 1969 Woodstock concert.