Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Visit To The Wall That Heals


This spring I paid a visit to The Wall That Heals, a traveling three-quarter scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.

Being a Vietnam era Conscientious Objector I have always felt drawn to see the Memorial in person. Even though I don’t personally know any of those whose names are engraved on the wall, I have always felt a deep need to acknowledge those 58,000 fallen or missing men and women who served in Vietnam.

Silence, awe, reverence, pain, gratitude, loss, emptiness, speechlessness…

I don’t know how to explain it, I not only experienced all of those feelings, but I also felt a sense of healing connection to those who served in the war that I fought to end.

Although I am against war I respect and support our men and women in uniform.

For more info about The Wall That Heals visit Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund.

Peace, Love & Light!
Kevin (Cloud)

No comments: